Pages

5.01.2008

Inspiration

I came across this ad years ago, and I was immediately captured by it when I first saw it. I was shocked by the power of text/typography that this ad process. I never knew that type design can have such strength in it. For it has the power to change people's value.
Before I came to this ad, I didn't care about Marilyn Monroe. I thought she's just another bombshell. However, after reading this ad; I changed my perspective of her and any other women. I started to view thing different. I was enlightened and I feel that I had been showed to the other parts of the world that I never knew. All these are due to a small ad.


Women's Fitness Marilyn, 1991.
Creative Directors: Dan Wieden and David Kennedy; Art Director: Charlotte Moore; Copy Writer: Janet Champ; Photographer: Sam Shaw/ estate of Marilyn
Holmes, Stanley. "Wieden+Kennedy & NIKE: 'Know the Big Idea'." Graphis352 July/Auguest:2004 54.

2 comments:

Jennifer Oh said...

Thanks for the comment. ^^
I'm surprised at the strength the typography is conveying in this ad, too. I'm even more surprised that this was a Nike ad that includes Marilyn Monroe!

Jessie said...

I do agree with ads and think that sometime because of a woman is too perfect to be true, people will misjudge that she will not have brain, at least this will make her not perfect. By the way, I found that there is a relly bad letter spacing in the fifth line from the bottom, "measured" due to justified line spacing.