Pages

5.01.2008

Inspiration-2


I have this anonymous photo on my desktop from National Geography magazine.
I love the fact that this lizard is reaching out. This lizard cheers me up when
I was down. I'm a kind of person who would give up easily. If the situation were
too difficult for me to deal, I either would find the easier route or would avoid it
complete. That's my first intuition. However, this attitude should never occur
to a designer (as I would hope.) We, the designer, are problem solver and
not problem avoider. Whenever, I feel I’m in the corner that I can’t get myself out.
I would look at this lizard. With one hand reaching, he clinches onto the vine
with not only 3 of his legs, but also his tail. How firm this lizard is. He situates
himself in a very solid pose. Even though, the vine may seems to be a frail thing
to hold on to. Yet, this lizard trusts his ability to deliver himself from such situation.
This really encourages me to go on. I would go back to my working process and
look what works and what doesn’t work, and try to found other solution to the problem.
Or, I would simply work on some other project than the current one to let me brain rest
from it. Avoiding the problem can never solve it, and often it would worsen the situation.
The best solution is to face the problem and overcome it.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I'm glad that you have something to encourage when you are down.
Actually, in this earth, there are living that they have incredable energy and believe that keep them alive. So as to human being, we have that mystic power that we havn't explore. You can make it, you have the power too.