Pages

5.24.2008

2008 Undergrad Exhibition

Cal State L.A. Fine Arts department periodically would exhibit students’ works at their gallery. One of my teachers requires us to submit least 3 of our 300’s course works. I, however, never like to participate in such thing and was forced to submit two works from color class and one from typography class. After attending the opening of the exhibition and saw one of my work were in the exhibition, I wonder why I'm always so reluctant to show my works at the first
place. I’m not sure if it’s because I don’t like to be exposed or just simply too lazy. I think it’s could be the former than the latter. I always get embarrassed when have to put myslef forward.
However, I do think proper exposition is good for me. If I always stay in my world, I can be very narrow and never be broad. If I don’t get exposed, I would never know how to improve myself or how to get better. I do feel exposing oneself is like coming out from the dark place and get
into the light. Light uncovers everything. Light brings out the true color of things. Light also brings out the imperfectness of things. When we open up our being to the greater world, the light shines into us and cast the darkness away.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

good to know that you are improving yourself. And let yourself show to other, no matter good or bad.